Copyright (c) 2010 Ted Sikkink
It is never easy to get back with an ex after a breakup. Though you may follow some tips to get him back, most people never get their ex-boyfriend back. It is nobody’s fault. There are no handouts or an instruction manual that teach us what to do after a breakup, much less on trying to win an ex back. If you’re serious about winning your boyfriend back, here are five simple steps that you may find useful:
1. Get yourself and your mind straight. Stop feeling sorry for the situation and blaming yourself for what happened. Be strong and don’t let negative emotions lead you to depression. You won’t achieve your goal of winning your ex-boyfriend back if you are not mentally stable. Negativity can lead to destructive behavior.
2. Learn to accept and believe that what happened in the past is past. Whatever you are thinking right now will not change anything in the past. Stop your mind from bringing you back in time. Set your mind with what is happening right now. If you make an effort to believe that the past was not perfect, then you are on the right path. This is an important road to take to get your ex-boyfriend back. Keep in mind that the relationship didn’t end in one day. So neither can it be fixed in one day.
3. Don’t be hostile towards your ex-boyfriend. Stop obsessing about your ex – men just don’t like that behavior more so, ex-boyfriends. You may be tempted to hear or see him but by giving him enough time and space, it will help you in winning him back. Never pester your ex-boyfriend with calls, text messages or email. Try to stay away in the places he frequents. Let him realize his mistake and things can change in due time.
Your absence may actually lead to him missing you. You only get one chance, and if you do the wrong things, it will be harder to win your ex-boyfriend back.
4. Make yourself more desirable. If you need to, get a makeover. Buy new clothes. Be bold and get a new hairdo. Lose some weight, if you need to, by eating healthy and exercising. When you look good, you feel good. You will become happier and more confident. People will start to notice this change in you. You will again succeed in becoming desirable in the eyes of men, including your ex-boyfriend.
5. Give it time, take it really slow. There will come a time when you and your ex boyfriend will cross paths again. Imagine how surprised he will be when he sees the new you. He will feel sorry about the break up. Remember to play a little hard to get the first time you see him. By doing so, and being at your best and with your new found confidence, it will transform you in an object of desire. It will drive your ex-boyfriend crazy especially if you appear as if you are avoiding him – that will really intrigue him.
These tips may be hard to execute in the beginning. You may be tempted to take the easy road but try and give it your best shot. Resist the desire to see him too soon after the break up. If you follow these simple tips, it will help you win your ex-boyfriend back after the breakup.